• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

JR Gentleman's Fountain Pen with Olive Wood

Jim

Grand Master
More Spanish Olive wood on a Gold plated JR Gentleman's Fountain Pen, i will hopefully making the Rollerball tomorrow to make up the set. Finished with friction polish.

JR_Gentlemans_Pen.jpg

JR_Gentlemans_fountain_Pen.jpg

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Do i note a pattern here the most of the pens you are making jim are in olive Also nice pen

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
As soon as I read the title I thought hope it's as figured as the first and you didn't disappoint really nice:thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Smashing pen Jim, lovely piece of wood that.
I'll bet that's one you cant stop looking at, I know I would.
Now then I have noticed a difference in these jnr Gents kits but I don't know where to get the good ones.
Some have a plastic thread inside the cap and some have metal threads, I have over screwed a few of the plastic ones breaking them.
I would like to ensure I only get the metal ones does anybody know which or whom does what ?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Wow! Eye-candy ...:camera:

George, I'm not sure any of the kits has metal threading inside the cap? It's not popular because metal on metal on an often-used thread like that wears badly. Just don't eat so much spinach, mate!:ave_it:

Jim

Grand Master
George, like David says, i don't recall seeing metal sleeves in these pens. This is what David from Timberbits has to say on his plastic ...
The only plastic bit used in this kits is for the female thread hidden within the gold centerband. It is necessary to use the nylon thread because it helps the lid secure the pen in place. A metal on metal thread will result in the plating wearing away very quickly.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Damn shame I am not at home to check through my kits. I am doubting myself now but i swear I had some metal inserts.
I certainly wouldn't argue with David or any of you more experienced guys, as for the spinach yes you may be right on that score.
I was complimented after my superglue episode the other day by the ladies they said I am a clumsy stupid oaf, That's nice I normally get called a lot worse than that.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).