• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi, new member !

paulm1

Apprentice Member
First Name
Paul
Hi,

Just joined up after someone on UK Woodworking forum mentioned your site. I've been a member there for years and do mainly woodturning, lots of bowls in the main but also some spindle work occasionally, including some pens in the past, but tend not to like small and fiddly stuff too much !

I've started to go through my piles of timber that I've collected and seasoned over the years with a view to thinning it out a bit before a possible house move. Would it be okay to put up some pen blanks for sale in the appropriate section of the forum ? I didn't want my first post to be a for sale post without at least saying hello !

Currently got some walnut blanks, a fair bit of spalted beech which I could cut down to size, and sweet chestnut and yew likewise, some apple too, many types of native hardwoods really. I tend to have a lot of offcuts as I collect wood in the round and then convert to thick slabs and then bowl and other types of blanks for seasoning, and the offcuts mostly go on the firewood pile but some of it is really too good for that and it seems a waste !

Cheers, Paul

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome to the forums Paul, I am sure you will be muchly loved by those who want wood init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Paul. I'm sure that it would be fine as there are always people wanting wood on the site. How about showing us some of your work too?

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome Paul and you came over here are you mad, you thought there are a load of nutters there but I have bad news for you they are worse here just wait and see.

paulm1

Apprentice Member
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Paul. I'm sure that it would be fine as there are always people wanting wood on the site. How about showing us some of your work too?

Good to meet my doppleganger :) Had to imaginatively change my usual forum moniker to paulm1 !

Thanks for the welcome guys and nice to see some familiar names :)

Cheers, Paul

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Paul, no problem with you selling the blanks my friend, that is what we are about .. :thumbs:

Moved the thread to the Introductions section .. :thumbs:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Another Paul? OMG as if we don't have enough Neil's we're getting over run with Pauls as well :funny::funny:
Welcome to the mad house Paul :thumbs:

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Another Paul? OMG as if we don't have enough Neil's we're getting over run with Pauls as well :funny::funny:
Welcome to the mad house Paul :thumbs:

Welcome Paul. Do you mind if we call you Neil to avoid any confusion?:funny::funny:

In fact I may join again using my middle name Charles, and ask my boss Charlie to join as well, just to add to the confusion.:funny::funny:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Paul
Good to see you over here as well as on UKW.
I didn't advise as you seemed a sensible sort (obviously I was mistaken:winking:).
Did Melinda take any blanks from you btw? I posted her some stuff to try out but it was mostly mahogany and I know she was after walnut.

C'mon - we'll show you our work if you show us yours!:whistling:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Paul. you've probably begun to notice something strange here :thinks:

Yes you're right, forum members, something just not right about them :face:

Be careful, you'll end up going the same way :tongue::tongue:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Welcome Paul, you'll soon see that we are pretty laid back here and don't take things too seriously.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).