• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Blades

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I need some decent scroll-saw blades with pins any suggestions please I want to cut wood 3/4" to 1" thick

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Having a pin blade only saw does limit the sort of blades you can get Woody.
What saw is it?
I can send you a few blades to get you going, but it will probably be the end of next week before I can get to post them.
Please Pm me next week to remind me:whistling:

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Hi Woody,
I always use Olsen blades as that is the recommended blade at the club (BroxburnWoodcraftClub.org)
We generally get them from woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk.
They can be purchased pinned or pinless, I always use pinless, mainly because the machine uses pinless and you can use a smaller hole for starting the blade in.
Hope this helps, any problem let me know.
Don W

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Woody,
I always use Olsen blades as that is the recommended blade at the club (BroxburnWoodcraftClub.org)
They can be purchased pinned or pinless, I always use pinless, mainly because the machine uses pinless and you can use a smaller hole for starting the blade in.
Don W

Thank you Don I will look them up tomorrow

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Your'e Welcome,
The blades we use are 5" pinless but you will be looking at 5" pinned or 3" pinned (hobby blade).
You can also get kits to convert your saw to pinless but a look through the catalogue there will show you quite a lot of goodies :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
:ave_it:
Hi Woody,
Don W

I have just placed an order thanks again for your help

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You realise this is another slippery slope :down:

I had a scroll saw years ago for making toys but it just didn't do anything for me so I sold it but who knows this time LOL What with woodturning as well it looks like I'm a lost cause LOL

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).