• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Insects and Bugs

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
During the warm weather i have either windws open or the side door or even both, but this invites the bugs in flying around scaring me half to death especially the wasps and bees, some of the biggest bees i have seen is the ones that have flown into my workshop. I them spen a few minutes swinging a cloth t them trying to get them out without killing them. Big softie you may think, but have you ever been stung. :vangry:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
but have you ever been stung. :vangry:
Been stung by wasps and bush bee's, the first time with a wasp I was pulling on my work boots on the front veranda in the dark when I felt a sharp pain in my toe, bit like if you tread on a lit ciggie butt, switched on the light shook the boot out and this crumpled wasp fell out and flew away.
I like them they catch a lot of bugs and Caterpillars in the garden and take back to their nests for there young uns to eat.

Jim

Grand Master
I hear what your saying Mark, i was stung on the neck many years ago and that too felt like a burn. But i don't like them .... :whistling:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I am convinced the first and last wasp and bee of the season deliberately comes looking for me and usually gets the back of my neck.
I once had a whole nest of wasps after me whilst on my morning cross country run, that certainly made me quicken my pace and when I got back to barracks I was numb with stings all over my body.
All that crap about a bee can only sting once is a load of tripe too. It depends what type of bee it is, only a few weeks ago I sat in my van and obviously disturbed a bee nestling in my seat it sung me at least 4 times before I actually stpped to find the cause of my pain.
I wouldn't mind but it was snowing so the last thing I expected to see was a bee still awake.
Just another day in the life of Clumsysod.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I am convinced the first and last wasp and bee of the season deliberately comes looking for me and usually gets the back of my neck.
I once had a whole nest of wasps after me whilst on my morning cross country run, that certainly made me quicken my pace and when I got back to barracks I was numb with stings all over my body.
All that crap about a bee can only sting once is a load of tripe too. It depends what type of bee it is, only a few weeks ago I sat in my van and obviously disturbed a bee nestling in my seat it sung me at least 4 times before I actually stpped to find the cause of my pain.
I wouldn't mind but it was snowing so the last thing I expected to see was a bee still awake.
Just another day in the life of Clumsysod.

OUCH :mooney2:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).