• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Some recent pens

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Pristina & Sierra in Burr Elm
Pristina in african blackwood

C&C welcome

Attachments

• Pristina & Sierra Burr elm a.jpg
    Pristina & Sierra Burr elm a.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Pristina burr elm b.jpg
    Pristina burr elm b.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 30
  • spring blossom african blackwood a.jpg
    spring blossom african blackwood a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 30
  • spring blossom african blackwood b.jpg
    spring blossom african blackwood b.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 30
  • spring blossom african blackwood c.jpg
    spring blossom african blackwood c.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 30

Jim

Grand Master
These are very nice pens Steve, with a good finish ... :thumbs: Did you get these kits from the UK ... :thinks:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
:thinks::thinks:Doh, the bottom one is a Spring Blossom in African Blackwood not a pristina.

Jim, I get most of my kits from Timberbits although Woodyturner gave me the spring blossom, this was the first one I had made.

I have tried many finishes on pens & have now settled on sanding sealer & spray lacquer, a lot nicer smell than CA finishes. Sometimes I use friction polish as I like the polish to wear off over time & the wood begins to look aged & used.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I am envious of the skill shown here. Makes me think about giving in.
But hold on a second If I keep trying I might get that good.
Thank you for showing us Steven, something to aspire too.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
:funny::funny:

Thanks Tony & clumsy 4 the nice comments.

Neither the Pristina or spring blossom are THAT expensive - depends on what you call expensive but, can sell for quite a bit more than they cost because they do look expensive, nicely weighted pens too & lovely to write with if you're a neat writer, unlike me, so I use ballpoint pens :funny:

I'm still learning Clumsy so I aint that good yet but if I can make a half decent pen, anyone can :funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).