• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi!

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
Hi,

Nice to see what seems to be a uk-centric pen forum!

My name is Alan, and I live in West Lothian. I started turning about 2 months ago, and just recently started turning pens. So far I have completed 3 pens, and messed up 3 more :whistling:

I am enjoying it, only done some slimlines so far, but plan to get some more kits in soon to try different pens.

I hope to be able to contribute something someday, but until then I look forward to learning off all of you!

Alan

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. Show us some photos of your pens, photos are always welcome:thumbs:

Peter

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Welcome Alan,
We like loads of pictures here :thumbs:
Are you a member of any woodturning clubs ? There is a good one in your area at Broxburn.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You poor ol bugger your lost for ever to the dark art of pen turning and this lot on here will just help to drive you insane they will be along as soon as they have been given there medication and allowed to mingle you poor man

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to Dr Jims surgery for people with unseen ailments Alan. We feed on photos, ditties and funnies with a few "how to's" and "you shouldn't haves" so please bring it on :thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Hello Alan, Welcome to the Asylum,don't worry if you are not insane, you will be before long if you listen to this lot!
Good fun though and some lovely pens you can learn about! Have fun :thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Alan and welcome. As I've said before some sound advice and tips on here. You will also have yourself a good laugh at some of the banter.

Get yourself some Sierras simples to make and a lot nicer looking pen.

Have a look at Dans threads he has some nice pen kits for sale at very reasonable prices and good quality.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Alan :banana::banana:

Any questions, ask away, the answers will come thick and fast :thinks::thinks:

I am also sure we would like to see some photos of your pens :claps::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).