• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Attempt at making a light box

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I was inspired by a post a while ago, penpal I think, and finally got around to trying so here's the attempt plus a couple of pics untouched except for a resize. Focus could be better but that's my fault:thinks:

Chipboard base and back, transluscent light panel, lining paper for the inside (white might be better). I had all the bits except for the lights and holders which cost me a total of £17.95 off ebay. They are extremely bright but I'm going to fashion some reflectors in due course.

It might of course be no better than a cardboard box:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1056.JPG
    IMG_1056.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 62
  • _MG_1066.JPG
    _MG_1066.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 62
  • _MG_1197.JPG
    _MG_1197.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 61

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Looking good Bob. I would definitely advise using reflectors. The kit I have uses up to 8 of those bulbs :eeeeek:
They are that bright you could get a sun tan off them :funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Nowt wrong with them pics I think?
I would be happy to take them,
Correct me if I am wrong but would the diffuser be better turned the other way to spread the light rather than reflect it back at source.
Ignore that you have it the right way.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
Nicely done Bob.
But....
Didn't woody show Fritz Lang how to do this in the late 1920's?:bwink:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Just a thought do they make a equivalent globe in LED?:thinks::thinks:

Didn't see a globe but then it was a quick look. There were led lights though. Just search for 5400k lights, daylight bulbs or green / grow bulbs and you should find something.

i'm counting down the weeks now 'till I'm in your part of the world. No worries though, nowhere near your gaff so your tools are safe:whistling:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Good looking rig bob! I like homemade, you can do what you want, and save a few quid in the process. And considering you've not played around with the pictures much, I'd say you're onto a winner! :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).