• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Marksman Eagle fountain pen made with Bethlehem Olivewood

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
This is the pen that I tried to make with Thuya burr but now in Bethlehem Olivewood.
The finish is 12 coats of CA and polished with microcrystaline wax.
The photos don't do the pen justice but I can;t afford a professional photographer!!!! lol

Attachments

• 001 (500x375).jpg
    001 (500x375).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 003 (500x375).jpg
    003 (500x375).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24

Jim

Grand Master
Nicely done Terry, i agree the camera does not help the look, or show the quality finish that i know you would have put on this pen .. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
The main thing is light Terry, i take the majority of my pictures outdoors ...

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
I'll have to try that Jim. By the way if I get the chance this week I will try to do the Eagle rollerball. The blanks have been prepared and the wood is the Blue Mahoe that Yorkie gave me.
If it is as good as Yorkie says it will be some smart pen!!!!!:thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
You need to be in God's county Keith ... It may just hold what you are looking for ...

I didn't realise there was a bethlem olive plantation in the west riding Jim. I'll be across later in the year.

keith

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
It is a nice styled pen, shame about the picture quality mate it is difficult to get a good picture withouthaving to fork out for a better camera. :bwink:

Definitely worth the trip David!!!!:thumbs:

Hope there is plenty left, i need stocking up. :devil:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I hope you don't mind Terry but I had a play with your pictures.
I am no expert and I think your camera may well be good enough if you just get the focus right.
The light is good enough and a little play with the cropping and resizing.
Take a dozen or so pictures at different angles and choose what you think is the best after editing them all.
Not sure these are any better and tell me to stop interfering but I am only trying to help.
You have a lovely pen there and its a shame to not show it off.
003 (500x375).resized.jpg
001 (500x375).resized.jpg

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
Thanks George for the help. I have searched all over for means to crop the pictures but havn' t found a satisfactory way of doing it. I keep shrinking the size of the photos to fit this forums recommended memory size. I realize that if I crop them I can retain a bigger photo and get rid of superfluous memory.
If you can show me how you did it I would be most grateful and I will retake the photos!!!:thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I use a program called gimp, its a free download from here GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program open source so no worries about fess or licences.
Mostly right mouse click to bring up the menus and takes a bit of getting used to but the forum and tutorials are really helpful it does everything a commercial program will do and more.
I cut crop and resize with that. Have a play download the version for your operating system and mess with some pictures save them first and play with a copy.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
First Name
Terry
I use a program called gimp, its a free download from here GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program open source so no worries about fess or licences.
Mostly right mouse click to bring up the menus and takes a bit of getting used to but the forum and tutorials are really helpful it does everything a commercial program will do and more.
I cut crop and resize with that. Have a play download the version for your operating system and mess with some pictures save them first and play with a copy.

Thanks George will do!!!:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).