• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Scottish reffo's

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Scottish referendum that is,

If the 'yes' campaign wins the Scottish referendum , can we expect refugee camps in Dover full of Scots looking for a better life in Syria?

Hearing the independence vote is going to be incredibly tight.

So definitely Scottish then..

Just beware of voting yes Scotland. Once the yanks know you have oil and Muslims and you're not part of England anymore........

The UK Government has said that Scotland could end up as a Third World country if they vote for independence.

I don't know if things will improve to that extent, but you never know.

:face::face::face:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Man you ought to not be over here at the min. The TV is full of it. I'm in England so have no vote on the issue but I have been listening to some of the debates and to be honest wouldn't have a clue which way to vote. You listen to the Yes campaign and I think they have got a point. You listen to the no campaign and you think they have a point. My conclusion is if they vote Yes to go Independent then I hope we on the lower side of the Island don't have to pay for any F**k Ups.

:rolling:Vic:rolling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Never mind bloody Scotland, where did England go?
I am not allowed to be English I have to be British.
I want my England back init?

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Hough controversial. If we go back in history we ended up with a Scottish king on the English throne.
Never mind bloody Scotland, where did England go?
I am not allowed to be English I have to be British.
I want my England back init?
I always put English, not British :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
My conclusion is if they vote Yes to go Independent then I hope we on the lower side of the Island don't have to pay for any F**k Ups.

My thoughts exactly. Salmond is a world-class snake-oil salesman, and the Scots are gobbling up everything he sells. Five years from now when they are independent and broke, will my (English) tax dollars be funding Salmond's continued opulence, and the average Scot's continued beer-soaked poverty?

:nooidea::nooidea:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
However it turns out after a yes vote, you can bet your deep fried mars bar that Westminster and the English will still get the blame:nonono:

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hough controversial. If we go back in history we ended up with a Scottish king on the English throne.

I always put English, not British :thumbs:

So do I and the forms are getting sent back because they are not filled in correctly.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Just beware of voting yes Scotland. Once the yanks know you have oil and Muslims and you're not part of England any more........

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
I live up here, and I really have no idea which way it is going to go. I just hope the decision, whichever way it goes, is accepted well. There are a lot of people who are very passionate about it, and I reckon just under half of them are going to be very unhappy!

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
There are a lot of people who are very passionate about it, and I reckon just under half of them are going to be very unhappy!
That's OK if the vote is a yes. All the no voters can move to England, with the RBS etc and we'll give Scotland all the muslims we have in exchange. I think that is a fair swap :wink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's OK if the vote is a yes. All the no voters can move to England, with the RBS etc and we'll give Scotland all the muslims we have in exchange. I think that is a fair swap :wink:

Not for the poor muslims, less benefits, colder, wetter and it's full of natives blowing those damned awful squeaky things with tentacles and the would have a scottish passport:bwink:

Peter

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
If they go independent will they rebuild the wall:whistling::whistling::whistling:OK just thinking out loud

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Brian im Scottish living in England for the last 32 years
and i have always been happy i dont have a vote but i also dont understand
polatics but if it means that Scotland becomes the way i think you would want England to be
then ...well i dont know im happy and dont think 8 have an opinion
giving that iv lived away for so long but the people will speek And i will respect their choice.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).