• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Closed End Pen Mandrel

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Jim asked in a thread if I could do a tutorial on making a mandrel for closed end pens. I took a few photos and have finished the tutorial, Jim will post it if anyone is interested. I hope there are some who would like to have a go at making one, I used metal, but I still can't see why corian couldn't be used, I am sure it would hold up to it.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a bit long winded, but it makes sense to me:thumbs:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Thank you very much for making this tutorial Peter, it is very well written and clear my friend .. I know this will help many members here on the forums including myself .. :thumbs:

The PDF has now being added in the Tips and Tricks category of the tutorials, titled "Mandrel for Closed End Pen" ...

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
That is a great tutorial Peter but I don't think I could do it myself only because I don't have the right equipment. I think I'd mess it up if I tried using a file. The bar I've ordered from Chronos is 20mm which means a hell of a lot of material needs to be taken away. They still haven't posted my order by the way :thinks::down:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I told you the wrong size, sorry, but I can still use it to make your mandrel and it will be the sturdiest mandrel in the world, if Carling made mandrels....

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
that is a fantastic tutorial
if only i had the skill to try it

Steve

Try it out of wood or corian and when you see how easy it is you could try aluminium, your wood tools will be able to turn that.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
:funny: At least the postage to return it when finished should be less than when I send it to you :thinks::thumbs:

I will post it to you at my expense, it was my fault, sorry.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well I have searched every were but to no avail I cant for the life of me find the bloody tutorials anywhere I know they are there I have seen them at some time or other but not any more what am I doing wrong I only want to have a look

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
go right to the top of page 2nd from the end next to links

Attachments

• Capture1111.JPG
    Capture1111.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 40

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
go right to the top of page 2nd from the end next to links

Nope it aint not there for some strange reason every thing else is but not tutorials have to wait for Jim to sort it but thanks for trying to help

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Where did my post go?
I already commented and it don't ear init?
Bloody type it again, dad I got same, no tutorial I fort I woz going qwackers init?
Everybody saying what a great tut it is and no link anywhere. I can't find it, I wonder what else I am missing aye.
It ain't the ad blocker and ain't my settings so I dunno what init?
Praps they fink you to clever enuff and dont need to see it init?

This do be mine init.

Closed End Pen Mandrel.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).