• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The carvery

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peep into my world the Thailand old forest Teak bench now exposed after two hours removing surplus items stacked in and on it over time. As usual for me when carving I like comfort using the SKF air turbine drill that turns at 300,000 rpm. The Durr dry air compressor on the left with another dry air nail gun compressor the Durr new sells for 7000 Aussie pesos picked up 2nd hand.

The bench also allows blanks to be set up in order of tasks with the appropriate kit etc the next three off the rank are 2-3000 yr old Huon Pine Burl, 150 yr old Conkerberry both indiginous to Huon in Tasmania and Conkerberry from The Northern Territory alongside Sth American Rosewood Burl.

In the vertical are 3 sets from Marla in Canadas Casting Japanese Paper, Watch Parts Steampunk andAbove from Texas Snakeskin for a Slimline, next to American Quater two blanks one Utah and the other Washingto significant for me and my daughter who lives in Utah. Others ready to go.

On the left hand side are the two Compressors both Oilless the blue Durr one from Europe from a dentist surgery upgrade the other a nail gun compressor.

The comfort I enjoy with the air chair I use another for the VL150 lathe.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 47

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Smashing set up Peter, looks the business & some beautiful blanks, thanks for sharing :up::up:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).