• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Quite old Woodfast in great nick.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Most reliable lathe I found a large precision tail stock from a metal lathe had it on two lathes its base used to be a Vee bed, modified to fit because it has a four inch throw ever so handy it has its own dedicated dust X (Luna) with the piping run through the bed and a vacuum cleaner under the bed for the Vicmarc Vacuum Chuck with about eight chucks various jaws. Lines up accurately point to point after working through the mechanics of both the head stock and tail stock I keep the original tail stock on the bed as well cause they have a habit of drifting when not with the lathe.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 59

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I like the woodfast lathes I had two before I gave up 18 months ago the maxi 1 and its little brother beautiful machines well worth every penny the sad thing over here now is record are now selling them from there stable and they are trying to cut corners with the electrics

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Looks a super lathe Peter built to withstand vibration :thumbs:

Looks like I'm not the only one to utilise magnets to keep corresponding tools with their appropriate machine :itscool:

Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).