• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Brodies Timber, Dunkeld, 17th/18th October

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is planning to go up to Brodies Timber in October? I imagine it will only be more local people, but it would still be nice to meet more people! They are putting on a small show since the Scottish Woodworking show got cancelled this year.

Brodies Timber News | Brodies Timber News and Events

I am going to head up on the Saturday anyway, see if I can pick up any tips and tricks.

Alan

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Far too far enuff for me to even consider unless I win the lottery.
Would love to though it would be good to get back in that neck o the woods for a visit?

Gilliandrea

Registered
First Name
Gill
This is about 50 minutes away from me, would really like to go and meet other turners :)

Will need to see if OH can take me!!

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I would love to go, I've got some very good friends in the land of the blue skin but unfortunately think I'll have to give it a miss.

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
I should have been demonstrating on the lathe with the club but my family are taking me for a holiday in Blackpool.:down:
It is usually quite busy.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I would love to go to one of these shows if only to meet up with a few of you, but this is a bit too far to travel

:down:Vic:down:

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
It is a bit in the middle of nowhere - about 80 mins north of me according to google, I am in the central belt. Would be a good bit further for most of you I reckon!

Still, you have all the other big shows, so I suppose the balance is in your favour,

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Intrigued by the distance talk its always sobering to ask Mark from Tennant Creek how far he travels each month from Tennant Creek to Alice Springs in the NT. When I went from London to Edinb? it was just a four hour journey not long IMHO however fares may have increased markedly since then besides I bought a Britrail pass from Aus and it was cheap as chips with a first class supplement only five more.

Most big gatherings are worth while.

Kind regards Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Intrigued by the distance talk its always sobering to ask Mark from Tennant Creek how far he travels each month from Tennant Creek to Alice Springs in the NT. When I went from London to Edinb? it was just a four hour journey not long IMHO however fares may have increased markedly since then besides I bought a Britrail pass from Aus and it was cheap as chips with a first class supplement only five more.

Kind regards Peter.

Nearest town 500km, you wonder why I hate caravans.

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan

Kind regards Peter.

Very true, our distances are nowhere near the scale of yours!

Not sure this would qualify as a big meet anyway, the 'big' Scottish show was cancelled this year (it would have been last weekend), this show has been put on because there wasn't anything else happening I think!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).