• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Glue

trapper

Registered
I have had mixed success dependant on the material your gluing up overall I'd say Ca but possibly using an accelerator or slighty thicker one than the standard thin stuff....... I think Jim is the guy to ask on this judging from the pics of some of his pens

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Alex, I use medium CA to both allow a few extra moments of open time and also fill small gaps. It can be quite brittle, though, as Mark says. When the blank is finished I soak it in thin CA and leave it for a couple hours to set.

Jim

Grand Master
All i ever use is medium CA, but i have only segmented pens, i know this glue would be no good for much larger projects. As David says, on known soft or porous woods i soak with thin CA with a spray of accelerator. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).