• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Temple of the Holy Light

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
A newlywed couple moved into a new upscale suburban neighborhood. They were looking for a new church and found a large church nearby.

They called on the pastor to inquire about joining the church.

The pastor told them that The Temple of the Holy Light was very exclusive in its membership, and if they wanted to join, they had to prove themselves worthy.

The young couple, of course, wanted to be found worthy, so they asked what they had to do to join the church.

"You have to remain celibate for three months" the pastor replied.

"But reverend, we are newlyweds!" the young man replied.

"Just so," the pastor replied, but those are the rules.

"OK" the young couple replied.

The pastor told them to come back in one month and report how they were doing.

After the first month, they returned for the meeting with the pastor.

"How are you doing" he asked.

"It's really hard, but we did it," they replied.

When they came after the second month, they both looked pretty haggard. "We are still celibate, the young man replied. I've taken to sleeping on the couch...and LOTS of cold showers."

At the end of the third month, they reappeared, shame-faced and crestfallen.

"We were doing so well," the young man said. "Until yesterday. You see, she dropped a can of peas, and when she bent over to pick them up, I lost it. I had my way with her right there and then."

"I'm sorry, then," said the pastor. "I'm afraid you aren't welcome at our church."

"That's OK," said the young man. "We aren't welcome at Tesco any more either."

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).