• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Blanks

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Local Stuff - my house
Exotic Stuff - Yandles or Westonbirt Arboretum during Treefest
Acrylic - Rizheng

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Any were I can timber lines stile and bate lot and lot the list is endless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ray7

Registered
First Name
Ray
I use stiles and bates but also keep an eye on ebay as sometimes good bargains turn up. Had 55 American black walnut a few weeks ago for £14.40.

Ray

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Home grown woods from logs but rare exotics from lignaterrae now but to be honest I only buy wood I haven't got in my collection now acrylic from any were that I see something Violet or the kids may like

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
I vote our own Lignaterre (spell?)

Nothing but quality and great service so far.

Acrylics , anything that catches my eye no real favourite place.

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Native Wood - off my contact in the local parks dept or e-bay, or whatever takes my fancy when I'm out and about
Exotic Wood - Exotic Hardwoods
Acrylic - Depends what I want. Axminster, Turners Retreat, Vinny. They all have different types.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Purchase ? I can't remember the last time I bought any wood with so many very nice people about giving it away init?

lignaterrae

Thanks for the mentions guys. I'm very shortly to post a fully updated pen blanks list under Buy and Sell so keep an eye open...

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Thanks for the mentions guys. I'm very shortly to post a fully updated pen blanks list under Buy and Sell so keep an eye open...
I've just spotted where you are in the country :bwink:
Instead of driving for 1½ house in each direction from Wardley to Exotic Hardwoods I could have saved myself a 2 hours and 50 miles and bought from you and collected :shocking::duh:

lignaterrae

Chas, I'm even closer than you think - just down the road in Walkden! When I put up the new pen blanks list very shortly feel free to nip over and have a look at the stuff. A cup of tea may appear as well!

I've just spotted where you are in the country :bwink:
Instead of driving for 1½ house in each direction from Wardley to Exotic Hardwoods I could have saved myself a 2 hours and 50 miles and bought from you and collected :shocking::duh:

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Chas, I'm even closer than you think - just down the road in Walkden! When I put up the new pen blanks list very shortly feel free to nip over and have a look at the stuff. A cup of tea may appear as well!

Blimey it's less that 2½ miles from our house to Walkden lights :shocking:
Coffee would be lovely, milk and one sugar please :wink::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).