• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

new cedar bowl

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Liked the last one so made another at the weekend.
Slightly different in that there is a more pronounced rim between the bowl part and rim.
Plus didn't want as black & shiny finish as the last one. This one is more gray in colour.
Love the grain pattern this finish brings out.
This is approx 14 inch diam.
Black ebony paint, wiped whilst still wet then finished in acrylic spray lacquer.

C&C welcome

Attachments

• new cedar bowl a.jpg
    new cedar bowl a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 27
  • new cedar bowl b.jpg
    new cedar bowl b.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 26
  • new cedar bowl c.jpg
    new cedar bowl c.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 26

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I like how you have seperated the colours, plus it is a nice piece of turning. :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
That looks very nice Steven, i like how you have finished the item ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I can only agree with the others, Steven. I liked the first one and I like this one just as much. How hard can the missus throw? All the way to Hampshire, maybe? Please?

:devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).