• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from Atlanta, GA USA

TonyL

First Name
Tony
Hi Folks:

I look forward to learning more about penturning, and sharing my experience with you.

Cheers,

Tony

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Hi Tony, welcome on board.

You will find this forum different than the other one you are a member of.. :thumbs:

Enjoy the banter and we don't take it too seriously.. Enjoy..

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, I hope you take part, most of your countrymen post a few times and then disappear. Show us some photos of your pens.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony, welcome to the worlds foremost forum. You have are on the first rung of the ladder to being part of a forum that shares it tips and tricks, jokes and problems... we are a family and you are most welcome to join. The second rung of the ladder is to tell us what you've done so far and then you're off and climbing. A photo and you're on the third and its all up up up from there. Why not also tell us a bit about where you live?

:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Welcome aboard Tony and enjoy the banter along with some remarkable pieces of turning on here.

Look forward to seeing some of your work

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the mad house Tony :thumbs:
I hope you understand the warped British sense of humour :pray:
You'll need to in this place :funny:

TonyL

First Name
Tony
Thank you for the warm welcome. I discovered the forum around midnight; please forgive the short welcome.

I have been turning pens since March 2014
I couldn't spell "lathe" prior to that.
Married to a "saint" for 27 years (this Saturday)
We have one son
We own a golden retriever, and just lost one suddenly and sadly
My wife and I are involved in charity work for the indigent and folks with special needs
I play and own several guitars
I live about 40 north of Atlanta, in the suburbs called Alpharetta
My wife and only became involved in Downton Abbey a few months ago, but quickly caught-up (we are not big TV watchers)
I am originally from NYC
Grew-up watching PBS and lots of British TV
I am a CPA (your Chartered Accountant), and Human Resources professional (on the business process outsourcing side).
Would love to visit England .....got as close as EPCOT :sob:

Is that a better welcome :idontknow:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nearly Neil... still no pictures of your work :thumbs:

Thanks for the introduction though... how do you play several guitars? :funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).