• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dust Control

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
What do you control the dust with in the shed I use a twin motor industrial vac but it is to loud an need to get or make something better what do you use has anyone got a cyclone system going any plans or tips and before George says anything I've got a dustpan and brush.:funny:

Jim

Grand Master
I have two Frankie, one is a Record Power RSDE/2 which i use for the bandsaw, this is under my bench which helps with noise reduction. The other is a SIP 01952 which i use for the lathe. I used to have a Camvac but got rid as this was to noisy ... :down:

My Sip extractor ...

sip_dust_extractor.JPG

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
What do you control the dust with in the shed I use a twin motor industrial vac but it is to loud an need to get or make something better what do you use has anyone got a cyclone system going any plans or tips and before George says anything I've got a dustpan and brush.:funny:

BUGGER YOU BEAT ME TO IT:thinks:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I ducted my dust collector out side and put the motor and impeller on a cyclone, the exhaust is diagonally opposite to the shed door and down wind. There are six inlets with blast gate around the shed three are permanently connected to machines.
As the switch for the DC is out I got a remote for this.

I have a mini cyclone connected to my vacuum which I am slowly getting hoses that fit my all power tools, why don't they standardise the dust outlets on power tools.:nonono::nonono:

For the real fine dust I bought a air filter which I added a bracket to take a filter from the air intakes at work.
This gives me a pre-pre filter :thinks: To get new pre filter and filter is about 5500km round trip.

I've got a dustpan and brush collecting cobwebs in the corner somewhere. :nooidea::face::funny:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
for my dust control......... I have a 2.5m x 2.0m wide double shed door...................:devil:
AND....... a dustpan and brush..... :whistling:

Jed Baxter

Registered
At the moment i have nothing but a window in front of me, i have an household hoover that must be 20 years old that i use when sanding, but it is a lot of messing about. Note to self .................. I must upgrade. :rolling:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
At the moment i have nothing but a window in front of me, i have an household hoover that must be 20 years old that i use when sanding, but it is a lot of messing about. Note to self .................. I must upgrade. :rolling:

i would be happy to lend you my stihl saw............ you could have a door as a big as mine then.............. :devil:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Save room, Throw the dustpan and brush away, cast out your filtration system, shed your vacuum cleaner and all other methods of dust control.
I have seen the light my children, the answer has been staring me in the face all the time, I have the best idea of all.
It so simple it has to be the ultimate solution to all our dust problems.
A totally dust free environment is here within our grasp.
Everybody has the opportunity of having one.
Guaranteed to be 100% effective if used correctly.
Have you guessed what it is yet?
Do you know where this drivel is going?
The more you have the less the dust.
Its revolutionary idea brand new special offer to our readers.
Are you still in suspense?
Do you want one ?
Pm me for the answer its to good to just give away.
I have to make you work at this.
You only need one but they come in different sizes.
In fact I am sure you already have one but just haven't thought of applying it this application.
You will agree with me that it will work but must keep it to yourself for exposure would lead to everyone wanting to know and as this is a public forum I wouldn't want to put Jim's position at risk.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
George I'm not working outside in the rain anyway I Just won a nu tool dust collector on ebay got it for 39 pounds and it will go in here.
rsz_dragonfly_023.jpg
I put in some more storage in the form of linbins just need power and I'm good to go it will be a working work in progress:thumbs:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Thanks Jim I'm just introducing items into the shed as I find the need for them ,This should facilitate the efficiency of the shed hopefully.:thumbs: LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Jim

Grand Master
Had a lad round at mine this morning, i will be adding a lean-to to the side of the house and this lad is doing me some concreting ... :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).