• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A big Hello from Fraserburgh

broadsea

First Name
John
Hi folks
My name is John Grant and I hail from Fraserburgh (The Broch) about 40 miles north of Aberdeen. I live at home with my wife, two adult sons, a dopey doberman called Marshall and four cats. So as you can imagine our house is usually bedlam. I am new to turning but have been told by a turning professional that I am picking it up very quickly. I do not mind makin mistakes (got loads of bowls etc which are now for fire wood). If there are any turners close to me please let me know. I have had only two jobs, military and prison officer, but had to give up the later due to injuries received whilst in the Army and these have gradually left me unable to walk far and suffer from PTSD. I am always keen to experiment and learn from others. So I will be asking lots of questions. Hope you dont mind.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums John, and a big thank you for your service to this country my friend. :thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Hello and welcome John. You will hear alot about medication but don't worry the are really quite sane I think:thinks:

Plenty on here who can answer your questions, no good asking me I,m a thick southerner:funny::funny::funny:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Welcome to the forum John, we greet ex service personnel on here with open arms..:thumbs:

If any of us can help, rest assured we will do outer best..

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
Welcome to the forum John. You'll find out we're a daft bunch on here and there will be some members in Scotland, hopefully close to you :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forums John, show us some of your work from the lathe.

Peter

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Hi John and welcome but not all the
Bowls are for the fire you could make pen stands out of them.:thinks:

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Welcome John. Thank you for your service to this country. :claps:
We are a mixed lot on here and some of us are quite sane (not many).
Any questions you have, just ask, someone will supply the answer :thinks: (Sometimes it is the right one)

take care
Don W

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome to the best Asylum in the u.k John, I'm O.K. it's all the others that are mad! you are welcome to ask what you like here and someone will sort it for sure mate, enjoy it here..:thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Welcome John and thank you for doing a job most people won't. I'll be up there near you in the new year, we're starting work on the Aberdeen by pass.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi John and welcome to the forum. You will find a great bunch on here with plenty of advice and help. The banter is also excellent.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
There you go John a word of warning if you haven't noticed there are some raving lunatics on this forum and quite a few plonkers you will just need to find out were you fit in the best but to be honest they are a great bunch of nutters but don't tell them I dad that God bless you my friend and enjoy

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi and welcome John. Good on yer for defending our country, just wish they'd bring national service back, it might straighten a few of the bad ones out a bit.
Enjoy the banter on here but don't take them too seriously.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya John and welcome to the madhouse.
If it all gets to much to bear pour another Scotch and watch the world go by init?

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Hello John,

All the fruitcakes are south of the wall where they belong :funny::funny::funny:

There are a couple of us in sweaty sock land, but not many. I'm in South Lanarkshire below Glasgow if you're ever passing let me know, will put the kettle on and you can meet our dopey Doberman too :funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).