• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ignorant newbie

Tephy

First Name
Steve
Hi all
Just thought I would introduce myself and give a bit of background.
I am a retired design engineer ( automotive/ racing ) and have spent most of my life avoiding wood as I was so bad with it at school. However, a friend has introduced me to the art of pen making and I have to say both my wife and I find turning wood very therapeutic.
Being so ignorant I shall be scouring and raping this site for hints,tips, and tricks. Please forgive any questions I may have that seem stupid.
I am looking forward to learning from you all :winking:
Kind regards
Tephy

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, are you going to be using your design skills to give us a spanking new pen? I hope so:thumbs:

Peter

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Steve and welcome to our forum. As has already been said, all questions will get answers, not always what you might expect though.:whistling::whistling::whistling:
Seriously though, there's some very clever and able turners on here, so you'll generally find what you're looking for.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Hi steve & welcome to the forum, many of us have been there (me especially) totally lost & clueless about bits of dead tree & knocking them into shape. Ask away and they will answer
:thinks::whistling::thinks::thinks::whistling::thinks::whistling::thinks::whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Welcome to the forum Steve there is no going back now for either of you

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome Steve, hope you enjoy being on here, we do. We've all been where you are, no one was born a woodturner we all had to learn. Ask away & you will find answers to your questions.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Allo Steve and welcome to the forum. The only stupid question is the one never asked. There's not much these lot don't know so go for it! :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).