• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New blanks from the pot

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Have taken advantage of the mild weather and made 4 new batches of blanks. The picture doesn't really show the depth of colour, but from the left we have a gunmetal metallic, a yellow pearl, a midnight blue with a twist (hopefully ) and red and black pearl. Just need time to turn the buggers now :funny:

Attachments

• IMG_20141020_224503.jpg
    IMG_20141020_224503.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 110

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice Brody If you get stuck you can always send them to me LOL they look very promising mate

Jim

Grand Master
A nice batch Brody, mild weather eh, are you near the Caribbean by any chance .. :ciggrin:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They all look good:thumbs: but the "gunmetal" one is the one I am waiting to see the most, then the red&black Pearl, midnight blue with a twist and last but not least the pearl canary. I should have been trying out my mother of pearl casting but all the stuff I ordered hasn't arrived and the supplier is silent and un-contactable. I am hoping the weather stays mild for another couple of months.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They look fantastic Brody but I am getting concerned that I haven't seen a piece of scaffolding in any of your work for a long time now. :thumbs:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
They all look good:thumbs: but the "gunmetal" one is the one I am waiting to see the most, then the red&black Pearl, midnight blue with a twist and last but not least the pearl canary. I should have been trying out my mother of pearl casting but all the stuff I ordered hasn't arrived and the supplier is silent and un-contactable. I am hoping the weather stays mild for another couple of months.

Peter
Cheers Peter. Just experimenting really, the gunmetal and red ones should be ok, but the other two :nooidea:. I too would welcome mild weather for the next few months:funny:
hope your order turns up soon mate:thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
They look the business Brody. I have never tried casting. Oh NO is this Forum about to take me down another avenue

:thinks:Vic:thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Like them better cut to blanks hard to see the beauty in slab form. This method also appears easier than separate whilst making.

Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).