• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Neil from Hertfordshire

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Morning all, I'm new to this forum but may have come across other members on UKW, WWI, UKAP etc. Turning three years, made several thousand pens and have a small craft business as a result that came about as a way to dispose of the proceeds of a hobby that got out of control! Day job comprises working with wood, designing structures for architects and designers and interior decor.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome Neil, are you the guy "Farrer" :thinks: If so i have seen examples of your work and they are up there with the best ... :thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Welcome Neil.
From the above comments it looks like your reputation precedes you.
I look forward to seeing a masters work "several thousand pens" Wow.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
G'Day Neil,
Welcome to the forum from the slightly warm centre of Aust.

Mark,

Good to catch up with you again, last time was on the UKAP forum. last conversation you were berating your van as it had let you down when you had gone out for the night and it had broken down on the 800 mile round trip! Trust you got a new one!

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Welcome Neil. We're prepared for our religious experience (the holy bowls ...)

:funny:

Nought holy about the bowls! One of the first I turned was in sycamore at a friends house where we had a get together and I went through the bottom of it and it has given Steven much pleasure in dredging this story up many many times! Wish I'd still got a picture of it - Have you Steven?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Neil,

From Canberra Australia on our first day of winter, sure a great build up thousands of pens, look forward to your contributions as a new person on this forum myself.

Kind regards Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Mark,

Good to catch up with you again, last time was on the UKAP forum. last conversation you were berating your van as it had let you down when you had gone out for the night and it had broken down on the 800 mile round trip! Trust you got a new one!

Great to see you here as well, Any idea how long ago that was? Still got my old girl, done two or three trips down south since then aprox 5000km each time.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Nought holy about the bowls! One of the first I turned was in sycamore at a friends house where we had a get together and I went through the bottom of it and it has given Steven much pleasure in dredging this story up many many times! Wish I'd still got a picture of it - Have you Steven?

Unfortuneatly I haven't Neil, think it was stored on the old old forum, never mind, am sure you'll do another exactly the same soon :thumbs::thumbs::whistling::whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).