• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Mini lathe

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
The only thing with this Jim is you will wish you bought the Axminster AT1416VS within a few months. :bwink:

Jed, I do covet a bigger lathe but as I have almost the same model as the Warco one except even more basic (change belts to change speeds), the only thing I could really do with is variable speed. The axminster version has an optional bed extension so you can do a surprising amount on it. For my money, and given Andy's question (mini lathe) you can't really go wrong for this money.

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Axminster AWSL was my first lathe, can also have an bed extension added later.
Made bowls up to 10 inch diam, pens, vases etc no problem, but, I soon upgraded to make bigger and heavier stuff.
Depends what you want to make.
& it only cost about £180 or so.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Thanks for the info guys, Jim that is about right up my street for price but i am a little concerned about the reviews given on it. :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).