• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

early birthday present fron SWMBO

penfold1

Registered
First Name
ian
Not just for pen turning a bit big really, Carbide chisel, this baby is 21" long and a real piece of art.

Off to the shed...

20141024_124134_zps7i8c313p.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
We had a debate on this geezer and his home made tools before but I don't wanna spoil anyone's prezzie so I shan't go mad here.

Enjoy the tool with the odd shaped handle init?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Have fun with it, I have a Rev (made by woody) and a pair of grumps (guess who made them) and they're superb. You'll knock out some good stuff with that.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Have fun with it, strange handle, but I can see why, smaller stuff inner handle bigger deeper stuff outer handle:thumbs:

Peter

penfold1

Registered
First Name
ian
GILLIANDREA.....Yes that's the seller the missus got it from, The craftmanship is superb and came next day.

I have had a quick go with it and will have to get used to a new technique. If anyone's interested i can do a proper review.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Good luck with your new toy get or make one with a square tip next for turning pens they are very easy to make all you need is a hack saw a file and the correct size tap and a bit of ash for the handle 3/4" copper pipe for a finial and a spare hour

penfold1

Registered
First Name
ian
Good luck with your new toy get or make one with a square tip next for turning pens they are very easy to make all you need is a hack saw a file and the correct size tap and a bit of ash for the handle 3/4" copper pipe for a finial and a spare hour

Thanks Woody, I will try that.

Jim

Grand Master
These Carbide tools are very efficient Ian, i am sure once you are used to it you will find it a very useful tool indeed .. :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
And a steel merchant nearby that sell what you want.:vangry::vangry::vangry:

Rob the bars from an old printer / plotter, shopping trolley or similar piece of equipment.
Don't frow nuffink away init?
I heared it called upcycling these days, posh word for scavenging which we always did done init?

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Rob the bars from an old printer / plotter, shopping trolley or similar piece of equipment.
Don't frow nuffink away init?
I heared it called upcycling these days, posh word for scavenging which we always did done init?

I am surprised that you can't hear the missus over where you are, when I bring something useful home.

My parents grew up in the depression, I am my fathers son.
The wife goes

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).