• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Happy Halloween

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
""Happy"" Halloween. Sorry, another import from our friends across the pond that I detest along with trick or treat, which should be more aptly titled a "protection racket" as perfected by the Mafia and the IRA.
Mothering Sunday is a traditional festival where smaller churches in Hamlets closed for one Sunday and boosted the attendance at their Mother Church in the nearby town, Hallmark got hold of it and we have Mothering Sunday and they print cards and make money! Then we have Fathers day, and more recently Grandparents day. It'll not be long before we have Mother in law day.

Hallmark were probably behind the Happy Halloween concept as well.

Well I'm going to be traditional and as its the eve of All Hallows Day, a traditional feast day, I shall be bloody miserable today, because I can, and my wife says I'm good at it. At which point I told her that being married to her for twenty four years Id had enough practice so should have got it off pat by now.

Ouch.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
""Happy"" Halloween. Sorry, another import from our friends across the pond that I detest along with trick or treat, which should be more aptly titled a "protection racket" as perfected by the Mafia and the IRA.
Mothering Sunday is a traditional festival where smaller churches in Hamlets closed for one Sunday and boosted the attendance at their Mother Church in the nearby town, Hallmark got hold of it and we have Mothering Sunday and they print cards and make money! Then we have Fathers day, and more recently Grandparents day. It'll not be long before we have Mother in law day.

Hallmark were probably behind the Happy Halloween concept as well.

Well I'm going to be traditional and as its the eve of All Hallows Day, a traditional feast day, I shall be bloody miserable today, because I can, and my wife says I'm good at it. At which point I told her that being married to her for twenty four years Id had enough practice so should have got it off pat by now.

Ouch.

I'm in agreement with you Neil. I just turn the lights off and pretend I'm out. Its my lighthouse I'll do what I want

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
All fools day has come and gone without a whimper around us thankfully. Our youngest spent 3 1/2 years in Washington DC and at this stupid annual occasion they drag out machines that can catapult pumpkins as far as possible out of sight another test of wit.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).