• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

More sales to a car salesman

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
My wife was quite upset this morning when we sold her beloved mini as she has a new car ordered for when we get home in December. On the other hand I was delighted as not only did I get £600 more than top trade in offer but they paid cash and gave me another £90 for 3 pens.
This tru-stone bullet (made from an offcut), and Omega roller in blackwood and a sedona in burr elm.
These car salesmen are pushovers, didn't even ask for discount.:funny:

pics are crap :goesred:

Attachments

• _MG_1259.JPG
    _MG_1259.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 70
  • _MG_1261.JPG
    _MG_1261.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 70

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well don Bob salesmen are a push over because they think they know everything about selling but all they know is there company sales patter real em in Bob LOL

Jim

Grand Master
A very nice piece of salesmanship Bob, but i doubt that you had to work hard to sell these pens my friend .. Very nice indeed .. :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well done Bob a bonus all round and enough for a few tinnies in Oz. I like your pen stands, did you heat them to bend it? Stupid question I suppose but how is what I mean? :thumbs:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Thanks for the comments guys. I could have sold several more if I'd taken them with me. His missus has a small equestrian sales business and she would have taken the 4 pens I have left with horse head clips as she had a stall at a local show this weekend. I just didn't have the time or inclination to do the 40 mile round trip to take them.

I like your pen stands, did you heat them to bend it?

I didn't Paul
It came ready bent from a Macrolon sample plastics kit I got a long time ago. All I did was file a groove in the top, drill an indent in the bottom and stick a scrap base on to it. An experiment to see how it came out and will do it poroperly when I get time. The material is thermoformable though I don't know what temp is needed to soften it enough.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You can bend corian too, I think the temperature was 130 centigrade from memory.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).