• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi just joined

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hi all,

My name is Bob and I am big hence the user name and I live up in the highlands. I got hold of an old Record RML 300 lathe about 6 months ago complete with a set of 4 chisels and purchased a chuck and a mandrel for making pens and a lot of pocket emptying bits and bobs for sharpening finishing man cave to put it all in etc. I have made some pens and really enjoy doing so but am just a beginner so looking forward to reading this forum and hope you all don't mind me asking numpty questions now and again.

Cheers Bob

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum Bob, ask away, you may even get a sensible answer now and again. Can you show us some of your pens:thumbs:

Peter

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Bob, we seem to have a growing number of folks from North of the border, which is great news, more chance of you bumping into each other and meetings.

Look forward to seeing some of your work, any questions ask away, answers will come, thick & fast
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Hi Bob, Welcome to the Forum, you will find some great advice on here and the banter is brilliant. You will also see that the generosity of the Forum members is outstanding.

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Bob, these guys love questions my friend, please fire away .. :thumbs:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome Bob, its too late now you know, you are doomed mate! this is the maddest Asylum you will ever see!:rolling: Enjoy the banter! It's a good place really!

Last edited:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Welcome Bob from nearly summer over here like a birth in the family you wonder what you did with your time and money before. Have fun I do .

Kind regards Peter.:thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Bob you poor bugger your doomed lost forever to the world of normality

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).