• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Fishermen

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
Really take to these that I cast in PR after I under turned some Curly Maple, applied 2 coats of MINWAX Clear Gloss Poly, applied the water slide decals, cast in PR, turned, sanded 400 grit only and polished with Hut Ultra Gloss.
Dressed up in Gold/Black Sierra's.

Les

Attachments

• DSC05052.jpg
    DSC05052.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 104

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I do quite a lot of these, for a group of scientists involved with fish, a very good seller.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
They would sell very well near to me as I live close to Blagdon and Chew Valley Lakes which are very big trout lakes and nowadays Pike lakes as well.

Nige52

First Name
Nige
Are there any instructables about that show you how to do things like this, or the feathers, or anything similar?
Nige

Harry

First Name
Harry
Les, I've been playing about with decals for a while, I even got Testors decals from the states, but I always have trouble with air bubbles under the decal no matter how carefully I smooth out the decal. Do you get this problem and if so, how do you avoid it?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Are there any instructables about that show you how to do things like this, or the feathers, or anything similar?
Nige

There are a couple of tutorials in the IAP Library for feathers.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I would like to see your fish that you do so many of Peter.

Peter.:thumbs:

They are commissions, you will not see them unless one of the owners shows it to you:thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).