• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DIY Pen Press

Bayleaf

Apprentice Member
First Name
Phil
Hi everyone,
just thought I would share this with you. I see a lot of people use their drill press as a pen press as well as the wood vice but I had my fathers old B&D drill press attachment just laying there so me being a gardener I always like making something for nothing lol,. I took the press put a bracket on it and used a couple of aluminium pieces with small drill hole bottom. and a larger one for the top, finished off with a couple of rubber inertube patches...this is it....it works. So wait next year for car boot sales lol.
:winking:

Cheers
Phil

penpress01600.jpg

penpress02600.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That's what I use, although mine is a wolfcraft.

Peter

Bayleaf

Apprentice Member
First Name
Phil
If anyone wants the aluminium press plugs..I have a couple spare. You put in your location holes. Willing to send uk only. FOC. Sorry to our overseas members. Wouldn't mind a blank in return, but not necessary.

Phil.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I just turned a piece of hardwood to fit, I would post a photo, but it would be too complicated.

Peter

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Great Idea. I have one of those stands somewhere amongst my collection and will have to adapt it to make a pen press.

:thumbs::thumbs:Vic:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).