• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sorby ProEdge Sharpening System

Jim

Grand Master
I bought this the ProEdge Sharpening System after trying to master the bench grinder for many months, without success. The grinder did a good job when you actually got it right, but i couldn't go to it and come away with the same results. I was losing quite a bit of steel from my tools so this was my main reason in going out to buy this machine.

My ProEdge Sharpening System

ProEdge_Sharpening_System.jpg

Well i can honestly say it does exactly what i want, i get the same result every time i use it all with a good sharp edge and all it takes is a few seconds. When i 1st bought it i also bought a Ceramic belt as i wanted to bring my tools back into their original tips and this belt is a heavy material remover ... :bwink:

Once this was done i replaced the Ceramic belt with a Zirconium 120 grit which i have replaced twice in about 18 months. I have never had to re-use the Ceramic belt since.

So all in all the ProEdge Sharpening System works for me. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Got to add about this machine is how quick it is switching between tools to sharpen. It takes just a few seconds altering the angle of the ledge to fit from a skew to a Spindle Gouges. One of my best buts for sure. :thumbs:

Proedge_Sharpening_System .JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).