• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

When I started in the 80,s

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The only kit was Slimline and Pen Reamers were imported from America for 20..A$ plus this step drill my original in as new condition after all these years being used for every pen made by me. This reamer is made from high speed steel, loads of them were fitted to drills or lathes and abused, I mounted mine in a wooden handle and the first part entering the glued blank cleans the glue etc as it hits the end champhers the brass at the rim and faces the blank. WEnt absolutely ape at two manufacturers one famous one in America, One in Australia then years later a successful European ground Tungsten one through their aussie site because I was always fearful of losing my original and or dropping it on steel etc. Continually amused at the shock horror expressed by so many folks when confronted by cost versus income etc can you imagine paying that much in the 80,s now amortise this outlay over thousands of reamings a key to the expression false economy buying cheap over and over again instead of quality once.

Sorry my archives locked up but simply stated the truely named step drill is a neat sleeve fit in Slimline brass about 1 1/2 inches stepped up to round a 1/2 inch faced drill total 4 inches long.

I will seek help to insert out of my Picassa 3 albums.

Kind regards Peter.

Jim

Grand Master
I have two step drill that i bought a few years ago, but for what i can't remember ... :nooidea:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).