• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sketching nib

mickleuk

First Name
Mike
A very good friend of mine does a lot of sketching, using various media, such as pencils, charcoal, ink etc. She mentioned to me sometime back about a special type of nib you could get for fountain pens, specifically designed for sketching.

I would like to make her a sketching fountain pen as a present, so if any of you good people know where I could acquire said nib, I'd be very grateful.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
SEE WHAT YOU BEEN AND GONE AND DONE NOW INIT?
CAN OF WORMS OPENED NOW DUNIT?

Seriously there are many types of sketch / drawing pen from brush pens with fibre tips to draughtsmen pens with very fine dip tips.
Calligraphy pens with a range of tips for different fonts all classed as drawing in the art of beautiful handwriting.
Some printers / plotters use pens with sketch nibs.
Your friend specifically said "type of nib you could get for fountain pens, specifically designed for sketching."
Then they should also specifically specify what specific nib they require as there are many init?

Fountain Pens, Ink, and Supplies - Glossary of Terms | GouletPens.com

mickleuk

First Name
Mike
Thanks for all the links folks. I think I'll just buy her a rotring Artpen and be done with!

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Thanks for all the links folks. I think I'll just buy her a rotring Artpen and be done with!

Don't give up so easily, ask her about the nib and make her a pen with one, it will mean much more to her.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Don't give up so easily, ask her about the nib and make her a pen with one, it will mean much more to her.

Peter

Peter is very right here, She has expressed an interest in you making her a pen with a specific nib.
It would be much kudos to you to create the desire of her dreams for the sake of asking which particular nib she has in mind.
It could well lead to more than one sale for you.

Paul can be ready to call the Ferrari salesman at a moments notice init?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Mike sometimes branded pens can be rehoused in your own design pen of distinction mate dont give in too soon mate. From you super special.

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

mickleuk

First Name
Mike
I'm not really giving in folks. I'll keep looking for somewhere to buy the nibs, otherwise I will do as Peter suggests and "modify" a branded pen.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I'm not really giving in folks. I'll keep looking for somewhere to buy the nibs, otherwise I will do as Peter suggests and "modify" a branded pen.

I was intrigued with a fountain pen nib for Drawing, I found this.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).