• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Height of Misunderstanding !

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark

Mr. Padro comes home one night, and his wife throws her arms around his neck: “I have great news… I’m a month overdue. I think we’re going to have a baby!”

The doctor gave me a test today, but until we find out for sure, we can’t tell anybody.”

The next day, Mrs. Padro receives a telephone call from Gas & Energy Co. because the electricity bill has not been paid.

” Am I speaking to Mrs. Padro? ”

“Yes… speaking”

Gas & Energy Co. guy, “You’re a month overdue, you know!”

“How do YOU know?” stammers the young woman.

“Well, ma’am, it’s in our files!” says the Gas & Enrgy Co. guy.

“What are you saying? It’s in your files… HOW ???”

” Yes ….. We have a system of finding out who’s overdue ”

” GOD !!!… This is too much…”

“Madam, I am sorry… I am just following orders… I have to inform that you are overdue..”

“I know that … let me talk to my husband about this tonight. He will speak to your company tomorrow.. ”

That night, she tells her husband about the incident, and he, mad as a bull,rushes to Gas & Energy Co. office the next day morning.

“What’s going on? You have it on file that my wife is a month overdue? What business is that of yours?” the husband shouts..

“Just calm down,” says the lady at the reception at Gas & Energy & Co., “it’s nothing serious. All you have to do is pay us.”

“PAY you? And if I refuse?”

“Well, in that case, sir, we'd have no option but to cut yours off..”

“And what would my wife do then?” the husband asks.

“Well… I don't know. I guess she'd have to use a candle !!!”

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).