• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello from David in Cambridgeshire

Penfold

Hello to you all, I'm a new member to the forum, I have just purchased my lathe to have a go at pen turning, I have used a lathe before, but that was about 16 years ago and then only turned a few things.
Anyone have any tips for me?
Thank you.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the PT's forum David, the best tip i can give you is enjoy it before it gets expensive ... :bwink:

If you do need any advice i am 100% certain we have someone in here willing to help you out ... :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Welcome... David..
Please do disclose which part of Cambridgeshire you are from... I know the area very well... :bwink:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Hello to you all, I'm a new member to the forum, I have just purchased my lathe to have a go at pen turning, I have used a lathe before, but that was about 16 years ago and then only turned a few things.
Anyone have any tips for me?
Thank you.

David,

If you're in Cambridge next weekend 8/9 June pop onto Parkers Piece, you'll find me in one of the tents, only one with a lathe and a pen stall.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).