• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Sheffield Woodturners

First Name
Dan
I just thought I would ask the question to see if any of the forum members attended the Sheffield Woodturning Club? I used to visit the Sheffield club some 9 years ago after I finished working at ASK Tools. I must have only been 19/20 and they looked after me really well. When I took a full time job at the school i work at now I stopped visiting the club.

I received an email last week asking if I would make a return with my shop on a regular basis which is great news. This weeks demo is Mick Hanbury. If anybody has seen his demos recently and is able to tell me what he currently shows this would be really useful.

I thought i would share my joy with you all and maybe see some of you there.

rayf6604

Registered
First Name
Ray
I saw Mick Hanbury demoing at Turners Retreat recently and he had turned the outside of a bowl and had painted it black. He was then using artists paints I think, squeezing a little blob onto the black paint and then, using an air blower, he was blowing swirls into the blob of paint to make them look like flower petals. He'd done this all over the back of this large bowl mounted on the lathe. Looked very effective and I wish I'd taken a pic.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).