• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How many pen will this make

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
right will i get one or two pen out of his
NT-x_Io1l-d2W2v6oxUygRTUUQQnoYPgby_pqOJHLsI=w276-h207-p-no

JiexwVMutOZ8WUqQ0_V36Jbcm9ptDkQ3DaivGZbSDmo=w155-h207-p-no

It is only 30" diameter and 7 ft long

also got this nice crouch

WnocaXHxvojB_jOwpemMt8RIyyY05uPtytfAftt6YRA=w155-h207-p-no

Know i think i need a bigger saw

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
ye the niebour had it take down from there front garden with a crane i was whet and ask if i could have a little bit and this is some of what i was offered but i was offered about 6 pieces total weight was 15 tonnes so 2 tonnes was a lot
but i ask the tree surgeon what would happen to the bit i did not take and the answer was burn or chip :down:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
ye but i think i might have it turned in to planks but i am not sure what to do with it now i need to find someone with a chainsaw mill

Jim

Grand Master
That is a good choice Alex, you need to do something to make sure it doesn't split or crack on you too ... :thinks:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
well i have got two quotes for milling this log in to planks one was £230 the other was 145 plus a pen guess which i am thinking of going with

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).