• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Care gift swap Pen and stand.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Burl Base Coin of receivers Birth Year Golf Wood following pleasure.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• Care Gift 10-11-2010 3-50-55 PM 600x400.JPG
    Care Gift 10-11-2010 3-50-55 PM 600x400.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Care Gift 10-11-2010 3-50-056.JPG
    Care Gift 10-11-2010 3-50-056.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 35

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Jed,

Years ago I designed and built a Penmill device using a minilathe and my substantial milldrill. I locked a 72 toothed gear onto the head stock with an engaging matching smaller gear to lock that in place, use a standard mandrel held in the head by a locking collet and in the tail stock fitted a recessed snug fit brass section like my mandrel saver to house the cut off mandrel and so on in these litigeous days I wont go further in case someone follows what I do gets injured etc I was taught to be cautious.

Jim and? clumsyclod the base of the burl to die for regret Clumsyclod you failed to observe the beaut pen the innovation of the birth year coin and use of the golf club head, pioneering shape of the pen extending as I feel the extended use of Slimline kits in general the thoughts expressed by me in this swap and comments in general.

Now an observation all of us who attempt to work with wood first thing we do is turn the object over and I assure you it was handfinished to a high standard.

Possibly being enthusiastic in my attempts to share let me say my aim is to share. Initially I felt I have a pen (not shown yet that would fit the latest completed competition to share with you all) let me say competitions I possibly wont enter having been President for some years of a successful Eistedford in the past it grieved me to see the sometimes devastating effect bias and ill judgement prevailed when winners were selected much like Dog shows. I want to show as an individual and seek to build up people who do show their work at all times looking for the future now at almost 79 years I have been round the block many times.

All the best forumites.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Peter, that's given me a few ideas for a mate who's a golf pro. Thank you.
Must say though I'm with George on the use of burr for the base, I'll use a log offcut.

keith

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).