• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A pair of gloves

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
A young man wished to purchase a gift for his sweetheart’s birthday and, after careful consideration, he decided on a pair of gloves.

Accompanied by his sweetheart’s younger sister he went to a department store and bought a pair of white gloves. the sister purchased a pair of panties for herself.

During the wrapping the assistant mixed up the items so that the sister got the gloves and the sweetheart got the panties. Without checking the contents the young man sealed the package and sent it to his sweetheart along with a note.

Darling

I chose these because I noticed that you are not in the habit of wearing any when we go out in the evening. If it had not been for your sister I would have chosen the long ones with buttons but she wears short ones that are easy to remove.

These are a delicate shade but the lady I bought them from showed me a pair that she had been wearing for three weeks and they were hardly soiled. I had the salesgirl try them on for me and she looked really smart.

I wish I was there to put them on for you the first time as, no doubt, other hands will come in contact with them before I have a chance to see them again.

When you take them off remember to blow in them before putting them away as they will naturally be a little damp from wearing.

Be sure to keep them on when cleaning them as they might shrink.

Just think how many times I will kiss them during the coming year. I hope you like them and will wear them for me Friday night.

All my love

PS The latest style is to wear them folded down with a little fur showing.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).