• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Handy Glasses for turning and Mail in the hose.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Bought two pair from ShoppingLane in Sydney they come with varying mag power I chose 2.5 diopter. They were 12.00 each plus freight including a spare set of batteries that fit in either wing delivered in two days with a tracking number hand delivered.
Two pics on the kitchen table one with flash the other shaky one hand held very little light to show the individually controlled LED lights by a tiny switch each side easily done.

I use glasses for reading and the computer not for driving so I find these great for me they weigh 28g reading glasses 40g my prescription glassses for reading.

Peter.:thumbs:

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 100

Jim

Grand Master
I love these little gimmicks, anything that helps surely is a good thing .. As long as they suit your prescription of course .. :thumbs:

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
They look like a great idea but as ever I can see a downside for turning.

They are not safety glasses and the minimum PPE for your eyes when turning anything (even pens) is safety glasses.

I use bi-focal safety glasses when I am not wearing a full face visor.

Still might get a pair for reading and other things though.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Didn't Joe 90 have a set of these which he charged in the Big Rat?

Nice idea though and you can always put safety goggles over the top of them... probably. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Hmmm ... Better see if they are available in the UK. Thanks for showing - how are you feeling today?

Alot better thanks David lucky for me I am right handed my left in a cast, my cat thinks the cast is great at night the elastic bandage to hang onto and fingers to scratch him occassionally. Pain lessened to easy to handle mostly bruising. My other car is automatic so this will ease the driving if I need to get out. Thinking of trying one armed clean up min the workshop Wilma has offered to help.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
I used to have some of these for work. Used to scare the s@#t out of the boss in dark plany rooms:funny: a good idea for turning though:thinks:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Probably only use the lights occasionally but like fog lamps on the car they can be useful when needed. I used to read all the warnings re non script glasses you can buy them at service stations the Opticians stopped warnings and horror talk ages ago. Me I tend to travel with the glasses on put them down and every now and again theres a drought of them here and a surplus there cheap way to solve a problem. Les has the game sewn up his workshop is part of his house and I do declare as big as? just joking Les but if you see his pics you could eat a meal off the floor in his workshop. The Pope used to kiss the ground when he travelled after being in Bombay when I got to Singapore Airport I did the same it was immaculate and India was the opposite. I copped Bombay belly after I left first day not fun.

penfold1

Registered
First Name
ian
Surely if you had "mail in your hose" the water would only dribble and you wouldn't need magnifying glasses to see it....:winking::winking::winking:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).