• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gentleman Fountain Pen

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Great bit of turning Ed and a superb finish cant fault your workmanship at all I have made these pens in the past but to be honest I don't like them they are not to my taste but that dont take anything away from your skill in turning them my friend well done

Edward Po

That looks absolutely great Edward

:thumbs:Vic:thumbs:

Great bit of turning Ed and a superb finish cant fault your workmanship at all I have made these pens in the past but to be honest I don't like them they are not to my taste but that dont take anything away from your skill in turning them my friend well done

Thank you to both of you. Did not really like the blank but it is a custom made order for a CEO of a giant Thai company.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome back Edward, I was wondering where you were. The pen and letter opener looks great:thumbs: did you cast the snakeskin yourself?

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A lovely pen Edward. I would hate to have it but you have made a superb job of it. :thumbs:

Edward Po

Welcome back Edward, I was wondering where you were. The pen and letter opener looks great:thumbs: did you cast the snakeskin yourself?

Peter

Found a new job that requires me to travels frequently thus finding less and less time to do any pen making activities:sob:. As for the blank, I did not cast it, I purchased it from Don Ward.

Jim

Grand Master
You guys are funny, non of you got no negative comments?:bwink: I don't think my skill is that good yet:goesred:

Very nice pen indeed Edward, love the finish .. :thumbs: Thou i do have a comment on the way you have put the blanks together, you have the skin running in opposite directions on the two barrels, is there a reason for this? :nooidea:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
You guys are funny, non of you got no negative comments?:bwink: I don't think my skill is that good yet:goesred:

Okay, you asked for it:thumbs:your presentation is abysmal just look at the fingerprints on the nib section and bottom finial, I really hope you will give the pen a cleanup before you hand it over, but it would have been better before you had taken the photo. Is that better:bwink:

Peter

Edward Po

Now this is better, I just learned::sob:

Clean all chrome plated parts before taking any photos
Check to ensure the gain / scale are installed in the correct direction

Thanks guys, you don't have to be polite!

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
Ssssssuper looking blank there.. Great finish alssssssso

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Long time no see Edward worth the wait. Reason for hesitation when viewing your combination of Don Wards casting is by now there are many replies your pic is way back in memory.I thought immediately those blanks were either Dons or Seamus up the road ten minutes from him. I find the Gentleman Pen a preferred kit your transition top to bottom that is between the top clip and the way in which it is very pleasing apart sets it way ahead of others IMHO.

My natural fear of Snakes also no predudices of anyone using the skins allows me full reign to see the beauty of the patterns and marvel at the presentation they make I think the display in the box is excellent. Not a fan of glass or perspex blocks under the pen for the photograph too many spurious reflections for me. They divert as you view the two great items.

I fully appreciate the opener it is not a poor relation in the pairing with a decent length in the handle that dominates the kit (unusual for these). Glad my six kids are removed from home thinking of all the mischief and probabilities if they and these were together unsupervised, what I am getting at your display brings with it an adult appreciation convincing me this set would grace any boardroom anywhere in the world and hold its own on any desk I have ever seen. Great impact, I gave up forever ago trying to please everyone with what I make or undertake and sometimes curse the education provided and sought by me that demanded perfection in every detail.

So Edward well made, chosen blanks and all the above.

Peter.:camera::claps::claps::claps:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).