• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Doctors orders

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Plenty of plastic to chose from there init?

After my first heart op I made a cochel of pens and pots for my surgery practice, with help from the great Sir Woody himself.
Cherry from a seed I had planted as a child and replanted when I moved house.
Only to find the practice didn't benefit at all from my gift, the head honcho took the lot home to his huge family.
I also made one for the surgeon who performed the op and got a lovely thank you letter from him.

A good thing you are doing init?
When you say profit, do you take the kit cost out first? Profit is nebulous.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Barry a good and worthy cause I am only here today because of heart surgery and am eternally thankful

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You can make your own using a slimline kit our Alex was selling used bullet cases
113.jpg114.JPG

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They look good:thumbs:

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Very nice Barry and for a fantastic cause... our grumps engine is still going. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Some very nice pens here Barry, much respect for the reason in which you are making them my friend .. :thumbs:

Nice bullet pens also .. :wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Good on you Barry I often smile when I read of aversion to Snake Skin blanks the Surgeon who came 200 miles with her retinue to save Wilmas life three yrs ago is a spirited young Professor when I presented a pen to her I asked her beforehand was she strong minded she said yes so I gave her next visit a Slimline Snakeskin pen she was over the moon with it.
Barry one of the problems faced by selling on consignment can be the holding people using your pens for themselves I trust they respect your efforts that are highly commendable. I try not to make it a habit but navigating our hospitals I look up because I can chart my way by the overhead lights as seen from a ( gurney trolley ) ? I spent a few years as a Director on the National Heart Foundation Australia it is the folks like you that are mainstays in organisations helping.

Peter.:claps:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Hi penpal All my pens are paid for before I stat turning once bitten

Always take a significant deposit to cover everything before turning or before making anything. It focuses peoples minds:thumbs:

Peter

Barry

Graduate Member
First Name
Barry
Hi my first posting and piccys I thank you all for your comments,
I will most likely have spare corian that I will swap for other colours
but tell me were is the pm for addresses .

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).