• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Anyone got a light?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I had four attempts at this - it is NOT easy! Still not convinced by the finished item, but I know what I'll try next time. It would be much improved by a cigar band, but I don't have a clue where to lay hands on one. Any ideas? Tobacconists seem to be a dyng breed ...

Wood is walnut, sapwood as the ash end.

Pens 130530 003-1.jpg

Pens 130530 004-1.jpg

There's a detailed tutorial on IAP which I followed, in case you want to try one.

Jim

Grand Master
I like what i see David, i don't know what you see to convince you something isn't right ... :thinks: This has got to be one of the best pens added to this site ... :thumbs:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
I have seen that tutorial and have to say this is a bloody good effort, if not better.
Google cigar band, print it, cut it out and stick it on.
Let's see the the Romeo and Juliet cigar band that I would never pay for but did enjoy smoking.
Filthy habit in my youth.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
This has got to be one of the best pens added to this site ... :thumbs:

Who said flattery will get you nowhere? :funny:

Google cigar band, print it, cut it out and stick it on.
Let's see the the Romeo and Juliet cigar band that I would never pay for but did enjoy smoking.
Filthy habit in my youth.

Now why didn't I think of that? :duh: great idea thanks George!

Pete B

Registered
I either asked or found a tutorial can't remember but decal paper on ebay could be an idea.
I was thinking of using it for logo's for an order i am chasing. Its the stuff that you used to get on plastic toys and airfix kits a while ago yes.
Soak in water then slide or press into place, cover with ca then polish.
Oh the most important bit, the logo or picture just prints onto the sheets in your printer.
Might be an idea anyway.

The pen is very impressive btw but the nib looks a bit dodgy !!!! (sorry guys David gets the private joke, well i hope)

Regards

Pete

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).