• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Magnetic Cap Rollerball

Edward Po

I know you guys getting sick of viewing my snake skin blank pen. I promise this is the last one for the week

CHROME MAGNETIC CAP WITH PAIRIE RATTLESNAKE SKIN

MCC RB SP 1.3.jpg

P.s. I make sure I clean all the chrome parts of the pen before taking the photo!:bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
The same comments I made on the last Snakeskin I have never made one with the magnetic top does it feel it would stay in place?

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Edward Po

The same comments I made on the last Snakeskin I have never made one with the magnetic top does it feel it would stay in place?

Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

I love the pen overall, but I don't really like the nib end. Look so simple and not proportion to the rest of the pen body. As for the magnetic cap it is something different from the normal screwed on type pen but my customer and myself love it because it is so slick

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's another lovely pen Edward:thumbs:I don't think anyone would get sick of seeing your pens, snakeskin or not.

Peter

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I like the finish and what you have done with it..:thumbs: looks superb.

Not sure about the kit tho, I did one a while ago but the cap wasn't that secure. A few people liked them but with the cap not being secure it put people off.

If the cap is a better fitting now then the kit may be worth doing again..

Top marks tho, looks spot on..

Edward Po

I like the finish and what you have done with it..:thumbs: looks superb.

Not sure about the kit tho, I did one a while ago but the cap wasn't that secure. A few people liked them but with the cap not being secure it put people off.

If the cap is a better fitting now then the kit may be worth doing again..

Top marks tho, looks spot on..

I heard a lot of comments on the caps, however the one I have are all okay. Perhaps the manufacturer has improved on it quality control.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
The kit has a rather odd profile nib which doesnt suit people who hold their pen very close to the nib. However, for those who hold it normally, it is a resonably comfortable pen. I ordered one and had it on my stand last weekend, lasted 20 minutes, now got 30 on order.The lid stays in place fine but I wouldnt want to use the clip to hang it on the inside of a jacket pocket, nor would I advise that with a vertex.

Edward Po

The kit has a rather odd profile nib which doesnt suit people who hold their pen very close to the nib. However, for those who hold it normally, it is a resonably comfortable pen. I ordered one and had it on my stand last weekend, lasted 20 minutes, now got 30 on order.The lid stays in place fine but I wouldnt want to use the clip to hang it on the inside of a jacket pocket, nor would I advise that with a vertex.

That why I don't the nib section of this pen kit.:thinks:

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
I wounder how long it will be before the nib section gets scratched up from taking the magnetic cap off and on?
I have a few out there and no complaints so far.

Les

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Good looking pen.

Nope, have not attain the required yet. Also cannot find suitable snake in my concrete jungle country!:rolling:

Have a look around Changi there use to be a few there. Mind you it probably has changes since I was at school there. And yes I am in there somewhere

Attachments

• singapore_changi_scout_group.jpg
    singapore_changi_scout_group.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 24

Jim

Grand Master
Great looking pen Edward, we love to see pens made by members, we never get fed up of seeing them at all .. :thumbs:

Edward Po

Good looking pen.

Have a look around Changi there use to be a few there. Mind you it probably has changes since I was at school there. And yes I am in there somewhere

Changi is now a industrial estate for the Aerspace industries so how to find snake there? Maybe I have better luck if I approach our local zoo!

As for the attached photo, which year it taken? I suspect in the early to late 60 ish?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).