• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stylus Sierra

bdar

Apprentice Member
G'day all well this is my first post here so be gentle. This is Sierra Stylus dressed out in a piece of Sugilite Truestone. Sanded through to 12000 MM and then a four stage buff off the lathe. Comments welcome

Cheers
Darren

Attachments

• 1-DSCF0308.JPG
    1-DSCF0308.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-DSCF0309.JPG
    2-DSCF0309.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 3-DSCF0310.JPG
    3-DSCF0310.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 32

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice pen Darren, it is a strong colour, but goes well with this style.Nice clear picture also ... :thumbs:

Welcome to the forums ... :bwink:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Erm after my comments on your other pen I think it prudent to hush my mouth n this one.
Only to say sorry Not my cup of tea and welcome to our very friendly forum.
Well they haven't kicked me out yet but I am sure testing the water.
:devil::nonono::devil::nonono::devil:

bdar

Apprentice Member
Clumsy Sod not all people are my cup of tea either so you either ignore them or put up with them.
Exactly the same with comments here. The product I have used is called Trustone not True Stone
as you call it. As for the Rhodinite Trustone it was for a customer that happens to also be my sister
and yes the finger nails do match the pen. The Sugilite Truestone is for my second youngest, Jessy
who is at university. As for the back ground mate, you ain't seen nothing yet. I hope they don't kick
you out of here because I think you are going to be fun. As for your comments I have taken them on
board and have been filed appropriately. Guys thanks for the kind words and hope to see some great
pens and participate in some good discussions.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Looks good mate. :bwink: The picture is very crisp, you will have to tell us how you get such a clear picture. :whistling:

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Clumsy Sod not all people are my cup of tea either so you either ignore them or put up with them.
Exactly the same with comments here. The product I have used is called Trustone not True Stone
as you call it. As for the Rhodinite Trustone it was for a customer that happens to also be my sister
and yes the finger nails do match the pen. The Sugilite Truestone is for my second youngest, Jessy
who is at university. As for the back ground mate, you ain't seen nothing yet. I hope they don't kick
you out of here because I think you are going to be fun. As for your comments I have taken them on
board and have been filed appropriately. Guys thanks for the kind words and hope to see some great
pens and participate in some good discussions.

Touche.
Nice to meet you bdar I hope we have many jovial clashes. welcome young man.

bdar

Apprentice Member
Touche.
Nice to meet you bdar I hope we have many jovial clashes. welcome young man.

You keep calling me young man, does that mean you are older than me mate :whistling:
Great to meet you to hope to see some of your work as well

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
You keep calling me young man, does that mean you are older than me mate :whistling:
Great to meet you to hope to see some of your work as well

Probably not actually there are some real old farts on these forums I visit, I am a mere 61 years of age.
I get fed up with calling people Sir And Ma'am and still use it with my so called superiors, I tend to use the young man / lady when being more social.
Just one of my many foibles, as for my work, most of what I have done is plastered all around the forums here.

I am new to penturning and relatively new to wood lathe work but have so far enjoyed what I have done, apart from the fiddly segmenting, poke that where the sun don't shine.
I am a disaster area with ca glue in fact just before typing this I had to peel the keyboard from my fingers.

Anyway Blah Blah Rabbit things to do, see ya later.

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
OK OK I give in, I submit.
Pink plastic is lovely for both Mary and Rose, Its plain that Jooles loves it too.
The background is still to busy though you have to give me that one please.
:face::face::face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).