• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pretty In Pink Pristina

bdar

Apprentice Member
This is a Pristina fountain pen dressed out in a piece of Rhodinite Trustone. It was an order for a billing concierge that works for Telstra. The order was for a slender fountain pen that sat comfortably in the hand and it had to be pink to match her finger nails.

Attachments

• 8-DSCF0315.JPG
    8-DSCF0315.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 31

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Lose the background picture, i am looking at the places I have been more than the pen which I have to say is a ghastly thing.
I now feel the need to justify my comments.
First, the background should be plain and the subject in focus, makes for a good picture.
Second, a good picture is pleasing to the eye and more likely to get a good impression across.
Third, a good impression is more likely to create a favourable response.
Fourth, now the pen, the kit is good, the nib is good, the fit is good, the finish is good.
Fifth, It is not true stone, I would like to see where this was excavated and what phenomena created this colour in a stone, In all my travels I have never seen the like of this in a stone and I am renowned for my observational skills.
Sixth,I will be happy to accept I am wrong when proved wrong and not before.
Seventh, Welcome to the forum young man you have now met George the Clumsiest Sod you could wish to happen across.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
many different opinions on this forum.... amicably ... fortunately..
I like the background on t:thumbs:he picture.. and the pen..

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning Darren Great to see you over here. As a very active penmaker your offering was to the lady not to us and as such I accept fully the purpose, sentiments and sensitivity you display in your way of life. Friends are paramount making pens to suit them is commendable knowing the immediate responses to special gifts.

When I show anything I make or do I find it hard to spend time in explanations used to go into tech discussions on how to make machinery to help in making pens etc. Look forward to your contributions living in the same country separated by a couple of thousand kilometres are experiences many people on this forum dont have so you could possibly expand our knowledge of Bundaberg Rum staves made into pens from the horses mouth so to speak etc.

Please give us details of the reception of your pink penmaking in this instance it is fulfilling not to be driven by profit making as we both are rather sharing with others.

Kind regards mate.

Peter.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Nice looking pen mate, pink is fine by me as i know there are pink lovers out there, each to there own i say. :bwink:

Jools

Apprentice Member
Oooooo that's my Pen !!!!!!! Hi everyone I'm Jool's Bdar,s sister .... I love my pen it is a dream to write with ,.... Everyone at work wants it .... I work in an office with over 250 people just on my floor ... I feel very privileged. To have received this beautiful pen ... And will happily tell. Everyone bout it as well .... Nice to meet everyone. Jool's

PS it does match my Nail Poilsh ill post pics to show .... Pss I'm a wood worker as well. When I find my spare 2 mins doesn't happen much ATM though!!!

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome Jools, pity you like the pen, guess you now wont post it to the UK, i certainly would have it. :bwink:
Look forward to the pictures. :thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Well i take my hat off to our well travelled pen turner, he can even attract the girls here. :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).