• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Material to make a pen with

clumsysod

GOBBY GIT
Graduate Member
Not telling because its too embarrassing.
But I will admit to plastic, buffalo horn, antler, Brass, Copper, Aluminium, wool, wire and horse hair.

Jim

Grand Master
Not telling because its too embarrassing.
But I will admit to plastic, buffalo horn, antler, Brass, Copper, Aluminium, wool, wire and horse hair.

I cant beat this lot but i can match his Buffalo Horn, which was a real let down if i remember ... .:whistling:

trapper

Registered
Sawdust and paper mache and nope it didnt work:down: though maybe if i'd sank it into some resin when stirring it...........

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Im afraid i have only got as far as corian or acrylic for now, but i wouldnt mind trying more in the future. :bwink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Tensile Steel Reinforcing following a massive u/ground work under the road outside my home. Made for the Steely guy, Foreman etc. Ed Brown Exotic Blanks ran with it producing kits called the Hay-Bar Blank Sierra my original I used Slimline brasses inside, they used softer bending Reo Bar.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).