• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Head torch

Jed Baxter

Registered
I have had a go at turning boxes over the past few months, but i was struggling with seeing what i was doing when hollowing out, so i went on line and bought this head torch from Halfords, not yet tried it but will be shortly. Does anyone here use this for box turning?

Halfords | LED Lenser H7 Head Torch

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I like this idea, it is something i had never thought of using for end turning, i need to look out for one a little cheaper thou. :whistling:

Pete B

Registered
Hi,
I've used one i use for camping. They do work for hollowing, well thats what i use it for.
I have got a magnetic flexible light, but it seems to get in the way and is not as good.
Can be awkward with a full visor though.
That looks like a really good one but you can get either el cheapo no make or petzl ones are very good and start off quite cheap from camping shops.

Pete

Jim

Grand Master
I use a magnetic light also Peter, which i find useless ... :ciggrin:

Jed Baxter

Registered
Who would have thought that you could get one of these for £1. I just did a google search for headtorch and chose the one from Harrods, i mean Halfords. :ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).