• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beaufort Inks Order

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
A couple of weeks ago Neil Lawton pointed us in the direction of Beaufort Inks & Phil Dent. I mentioned that I generally use Schmidt refils was happy with them & they were reasonably priced.

But I felt I had to try the Beaufort Inks, after all Phil had made a good case for them, I duly ordered, the refills arrived in next day after order and well packaged. I had ordered 3 types but Phil also added in parker types soft & smooth along with a Gel type.

I put one of the standard Parker type refills into the pen I catty around with me on a daily basis, so far writes beautifully, no skipping,strts writing as soon as it touches the paper, excellent.

All pens have information such as maker & type on them.

I will be back for more, well done Phil.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Thanks Billy - I'm delighted you like them, and thanks for saying so publicly. Have you had a chance to test drive the rollerball refills yet? I think you'll notice a huge improvement over the Schmidt.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Thanks Billy, I might just have to give them a go too. :thumbs:

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Thanks Billy - I'm delighted you like them, and thanks for saying so publicly. Have you had a chance to test drive the rollerball refills yet? I think you'll notice a huge improvement over the Schmidt.

Phil, I have now had a chance to use one of the Beaufort rollerball refills and as you say, they do write very well, an improvement on the Schmidt. I have also now tried the Beaufort (Parker type) Gel & Soft and Smooth, once again an improvement on the standard Schmidt types and way ahead of any other refills supplied with the pen kits we generally buy.

I am sure the use of these Beaufort refills will enhance the feel & usability of any pens we make and help when we are hoping to sell at a premium for an high quality pen.

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Phil, I have now had a chance to use one of the Beaufort rollerball refills and as you say, they do write very well, an improvement on the Schmidt. I have also now tried the Beaufort (Parker type) Gel & Soft and Smooth, once again an improvement on the standard Schmidt types and way ahead of any other refills supplied with the pen kits we generally buy.

I am sure the use of these Beaufort refills will enhance the feel & usability of any pens we make and help when we are hoping to sell at a premium for an high quality pen.

Thanks for the update Billy. Really useful to a beginner like me. I thought when I used the Schmidt that it was scratchy but just accepted that maybe that was what you got. Reading this is very helpful. And I though Golf was my main fund drainer!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).