• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

turning

Turnerpete71

Apprentice Member
First Name
Pete
I'm Pete I've bin turning for the last 4 years I'm a member of two clubs. Going to the club's as tort me a lot watching the professional. The best thing new turners can do is go to a club. Happy turning and be safe.

First Name
Dan
Hi Pete. Woodturning clubs are weird and wonderful places. I have learnt so much for watching demos and attending clubs. Which clubs are you involved with? Dan

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Pete, I've learned a lot about turning from the club and its a good place to share as it is on this site.

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Pete and welcome to the forum. You'll get all the advice you need and more from this great forum, but it doesn't beat actually talking to people and watching demos etc.

johns486

Registered
First Name
Mike
Welcome, never been to a club I have learnt most of what I know from guys on the forums and mostly watching youtube videos.

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
A up Pete. Welcome to the forum. I seem to be the exception here, as I have only ever been to a club once and it wasn't for me. I'm a fairly solitary if not a little unusual chap, so most of the time I'm best doing my own thing in my own little world:funny: they're a bloody good bunch on here, so help is never far away. :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome Pete good to have you join us I to am not a club person I to like to be in my workshop creating and doing my own thing I don't like being told by a demonstrator you cant do what I have just done but that me so pleased your learning at your clubs

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Welcome to the Asylum Pete, Plenty of advice available from the inmates here mate, that's if you can understand what they are talking about as they are all on Medication, I have just been cured myself!:rolling: Have fun, it is great here, very nice bunch!:thumbs:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Welcome to the forum Pete. No. Brody, you're not alone - my nearest club is 140 mile round trip. Needless to say, I'm not a member.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya Pete and welcome to the loony bin init?
I must be a jinx cos every demo I have ever seen has taught me nothing, in fact they have totally flopped.
A waste of time effort and often money.
Went to a club once, full of love me do old men, not for me thanks.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, I agree a club can be great, we have some great professionals in ours. It is not just about the demos, it is a great resource for wood, tools and knowledge and is a social evening on club night.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Pete I second the club approach in fact it can save you a fortune in friendly advice as you find out the best sources near you and can swap your skills with others I have found every time I attend a club function I renew friendships, share and learn also belonging to other forums is delightful, reinforcement from many people is great. You will notice just how in this forum members do get excited if they can meet each other at a function simply this on a continuous basis within reach.

Welcome to the forum what you contribute can help you.

Peter.:thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Welcome to the Asylum Pete, Plenty of advice available from the inmates here mate, that's if you can understand what they are talking about as they are all on Medication, I have just been cured myself!:rolling: Have fun, it is great here, very nice bunch!:thumbs:
No you haven't been cured, you're still on here aren't you?:whistling:
Welcome Pete:thumbs: enjoy the forum.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).